The department of general education evaluation is a subdivision of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and Research responsible for organizing and conducting external evaluation in general education in order to ensure quality in education.
The department of general education evaluation consists of three profile sections:
- Preschool education evaluation section;
- Primary and gymnasium education evaluation section;
- Lyceum education evaluation section.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- elaboration of evaluation methodologies necessary to perform the function of quality assurance in general education;
- authorization for provisional operation, accreditation and periodic external evaluation of general education institutions;
- evaluation of teaching and management staff in general education, etc.