The Department of Research and Innovation Evaluation (DECI) consists of two sections:
- Section for attestation of scientific, scientific-didactic staff and habiltation of doctoral supervisors and
- Section for evaluation of research and innovation organizations.
The mission of DECI consists in the implementation of the state policy to ensure the quality of the activities carried out in the fields of research and innovation.
DECI was established and started its activity in 2018, with the creation of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and Research (ANACEC), taking over the mission of quality assurance in research and innovation and continuing the activities previously carried out by the Superior Commission of Attestation of the Republic of Moldova (1993-2004) and the National Council for Accreditation and Attestation of the Republic of Moldova (2004-2018).
Currently, DECI contributes to the accomplishment of the following duties and responsibilities of ANACEC:
Evaluation of research and innovation organizations
- elaboration of the methodology for complex evaluation of the capacities of the organizations in the field of research and innovation, as well as of the subsequent acts;
- complex capacity assessment of research and innovation organizations to activate in order to fulfill the assumed mission;
- ensuring the evidence of organizations in the field of research and innovation.
Evaluation of the scientific and scientific-didactic staff
- elaboration of the methodologies for the evaluation of the scientific and scientific-didactic staff, as well as of the subsequent acts;
- expertise of doctoral theses and of attestation dossiers;
- confirmation of scientific and scientific-didactic titles or motivated rejection of the decisions of the organizations in the fields of research and innovation;
- retire of confirmation of the scientific title of doctor or doctor habilitat and initiation of procedures for retire of titles by the issuing institution;
- approval of the quality of doctoral supervisor;
- recognition and equivalence of documents on scientific titles of the Republic of Moldova citizens, as well as of foreign ones, issued in other states;
- ensuring the evidence of persons with scientific, scientific-didactic titles and with the right of doctoral supervisor.
Evaluation of scientific editions and other evaluations
- elaboration of methodologies for evaluation of scientific editions, as well as of the subsequent acts;
- evaluation, classification and monitoring of scientific journals;
- recognition, classification and evidence of scientific manifestations;
- creating, updating and managing the Register of experts in the fields of research and innovation.